Often times, when you purchase a pair of shoes they might not fit correctly and so you may end having to expand them. You should know that there are a few things you can do in order to effectively carry out this task. Keep in mind that some of the techniques are going to work better than others. So, you might need to try more than one to get your shoes to fit the way that you want them to.
Consider these ideas:
• Some people have found that if they actually put on a pair of tight shoes with a pair of heavy socks and then use a blow dryer to heat them they are going to really stretch out well. This has been found to be the most effective if you want to expand leather.
• If you only need to expand them a little bit, then you might need to simply put them on and walk around the house a little bit. Most people find that they are quite successful this way. However, you should not try this if your feet are really sore in the shoes. This is only recommended if you just need to enlarge them a little bit.
• You may want to try placing wet socks or wet newspapers inside of them. When you try this step, it is going to be very important for you to make sure that you are placing the socks or the newspapers down into the toe. Just be certain that you are not causing them to become distorted. Once you know it has dried you can then put it on your foot to see if it feels any better. If not, you will want to do it again.
• Good old potatoes – peel a couple of potatoes and push it right into the footwear. Make sure the potatoes are large enough to create a bulge. Keep it for some time, preferably overnight. Also, do not worry about them smelling bad because of the potato as potatoes actually trap any form of odor. If there is any residue left when you remove the potatoes – wipe away with a damp cloth. Now, isn’t this a simple and cost-effective way of stretching?
• Of course, perhaps the best way is using a good old shoe stretcher. These are easily available, and if you suffer from swelling of the feet and have to often stretch your footwear, this is the hassle-free way of doing it.
Just remember, you do not always need to return footwear that do not fit properly. There are many ways that you can go about stretching them to make them fit a little bit better. You just need to know some of the techniques that you can use and see which ones will work the best for you.